Strapless and illusion necklines are often the most asked for wedding gown styles, but it’s about time that v-necks get some attention! If you’re the type of bride who wants the security of having straps but doesn’t want the modest look of a boat neck, the v-neck style is for you. Scroll through for some of our favorite v-neck designs from designers we carry!
- We just love scalloped lace, and the scallops along the neckline of this gown make for a very romantic style ! The low back adds another beautiful element to this fitted gown.
2. The v-neck design adds a touch of classic elegance to this tea-length gown. Perfect for the bride who wants a formal look but doesn’t like the heaviness of a full length gown.
3. This French lace gown has a sheer v-neckline featuring hand-cut lace applique. The back features buttons that start at the end of the v-back and trail down to the end of the train.
4. This stunning charmeuse gown channels old Hollywood glam. Look out for the unique back!
5. This sultry yet elegant looks has an absolutely stunning beaded sequin chiffon top. The sheath skirt is light and flowy, and features a side split.
6. This flowy a-line gown has a v-neck top accented with scalloped lace, which you’ll also find adorning the hem of the skirt. Look out for the pretty gold beaded belt accenting the waist!
7. This French chantilly lace gown features a scalloped lace v-neckline and backline. Brides also love the daring split on the front of the skirt and the delicate cap sleeves.
8. This regal gown has a plunging v-neckline decorated with beaded appliques over metallic lace. The silk dupioni skirt features not only buttons running through the end of the train, but also pockets!
9. This v-neck gown is a classic! It’s made from a soft and flowy milky challis fabric, and features a softly ruched bodice. The back has an ultra low u-shaped back.
Our Sealed With A Kiss bride Jenny married her long time love Stephen on July 16, 2016. They were married right here in Charlottesville, at the Farmington Country Club.
Jenny looked absolutely fabulous in her Casablanca bridal gown. It featured a low lace covered back, and had gorgeous crystals over appliqued lace.
Friends and family came from all around to celebrate the union of these two love birds, and they all had an amazing time dancing the night away.
Congratulations Jenny and Stephen!
Venue: Farmington Country Club
Transportation: Central Virginia Wine Tours and Camryn Limo
Photography: Bessie Black Photography
Videography: Chris Whiddon Productions
Flowers: Colonial Florist
Planner: Events by Edelina
Programs: Carlson Craft
When we first ask a bride about what wedding gown styles she’s interested in, often the answer is “I want something with a beautiful back design!”. Since we love pretty details on the back too, we’ve put together this list of gowns by designers we carry that are all about that back. Whether you prefer lacy illusion or a beaded back, you’re sure to find a gown you love on this list!
- This 1920’s inspired design has a stunning deep illusion back covered with a gorgeous beaded lace. Brides love how glamorous they look when they try this style on!
2. This modern take on a classic fit and flare shape has one of the most stunning backs we’ve ever seen! The way the lace frames the deep illusion back makes for a different but flattering shape, and the buttons are the perfect finishing touch.
3. This design features a daringly low illusion back with lace applique details–it’s sure to wow your guests as you stand at the alter!
4. This mermaid gown features all-over pearls, crystals and sequins in a floral inspired design. The beaded back design makes this gown a stunner!
5. Brides are sure to fall in love with the open illusion back on this gown! The embroidered design is sure to turn heads, and the jewel neckline adds a touch of elegance to the look.
6. This elegant fitted design features an ultra-low open back! We love the beaded detail on the v-neck front as well.
7. Many strapless wedding gowns have gorgeous back design details as well, like this fit and flare design! It features a low scoop illusion with lace appliques.
8. This fitted gown has a back with sheer French tulle and intricate lace detail! We also love that this couture gown has all over French alencon lace.