Our Sealed With A Kiss bride Meghan was certainly one lovely bride! We’re pleased to share some photos from her special day, courtesy of Melissa Durham Photography.
Venue: UVA Colonnade Club
Photography: Melissa Durham Photography
Photography/Second Shooter: Heather Chipps Photography
Dress and Veil: Lillian West Design from Sealed With A Kiss
Florist: The Faded Poppy
Videographer: Rachael Curry Wedding Films
Caterer: Kitchen Catering and Events
Cake: Maliha Creations
Menswear: The Marine Shop and Men’s Wearhouse
Jeweler: Fink’s Jewelers
Fit and flare styles are perfect for the brides who want to have a fitted, figure flattering dress without going for a full-on mermaid look. Whether you like lace, beading, or both, there’s a fit and flare style you’re bound to love!
- This strapless fit and flare style features all over embroidered Italian tulle. The corseted bodice ensures a snug, flattering fit and the chapel length train is just the right size for this stunning look.
2. This wedding gown is all about the details! It all starts with an illusion Sabrina neckline, which adorns a bodice with all over embroidered sequins. The illusion back features an embroidered lace illusion back and a monarch length train.
3. The back of this fit and flare gown is bound to turn heads! It also features a a high illusion neckline and “tattoo” lace sleeves.
4. This gown is so chic! You’ll find that this fit and flare gown has delicate floral lace over pinstriped taffeta. It also features a lace illusion back with detachable taffeta tails.
5. This fit and flare gown is perfect for the bride who wants a classic style with a modern twist. This gown has all over beaded lace, a deep sweetheart neckline and and an illusion back.
6. Brides will look ever so graceful in this gown! We love the scalloped lace along the neckline as well as the hem, and the key-hole back is stunning!
7. This elegant fit and flare look features long sleeves adorned with lace appliques, and an illusion button-up back. A simple chapel length completes the lacy look.
8. This gown’s off shoulder neckline perfectly complements the fit and flare silhouette. The all over lace appliques feature sequins, adding a touch of subtle sparkle to the look.
Dear Pat: I will be helping my daughter shop for her wedding gown in a couple of weeks, but am worried about upsetting her with my opinions on dress styles. I love my daughter, but know from past experiences shopping with her that we do not see eye-to-eye on most things. She has already sent me pictures of styles she’s interested in, and they are nothing close to what I had in mind for her. I want her to love her dress and be happy, but I am afraid that I might ruin her shopping experience if I speak my mind. How would you advise I handle this?
Chances are if you’re worried about differing opinions on the wedding dress, your daughter is as well. She likely knows that you disagree with the styles she’s interested in, but she wants you to be there by her side when she says yes to the dress because she loves you, and she respects your opinion. The key to you both having a great shopping experience will be to keep in mind exactly what you just told me–you want her to love her dress and be happy. When she asks what you think about a dress be honest with her about certain elements of the dress you like and dislike, but remind her that you want her to have what she wants regardless of your opinion. If you sense she’s fallen in love with a dress, be supportive. Just remember that she’s your daughter, and you’ll be glad you had the chance to share the shopping experience with her.
Brides, get excited! More amazing styles will soon be available here at Sealed With A Kiss. Stay tuned for more details, but for now here’s a peek at a few of the dresses you’ll see in store very soon!
With head to toe lace appliques and embroidery, this gown is fit for a queen. It features an a-line silhouette and a regal lace and satin train.
This is a design we are extremely excited to see in store! It’s a chic, unique look that we’re sure our brides will love.
What caught our eye about this dress was the gorgeous lace pattern and the lovely silhouette. We can’t wait to slip this gown onto a bride and watch her fall in love!
Hi Pat! My wedding gown arrived recently and it fits almost perfectly, but my seamstress said I might need a bustle added to help with the train. What is a bustle exactly? Do I need to have it added or is it something I can do without?
Good question! A bustle is a series of hooks or ties built into the dress that will bring up all the layers of your wedding gown’s train, making it floor length all the way around. Most brides will have their dress bustled after the ceremony is over, that way they can dance the night away at the reception and not have to worry about it getting in their way or getting stepped on by guests.
As for whether you need a bustle, it usually depends on the length of the train. If it’s not very long and you don’t think it will get in your way throughout the night– remember you’ll be on your feet most of the reception, dancing and greeting guests–then you might be fine without one. If your train is long, a bustle is usually recommended. If your seamstress advises you to get one built in, then it’s best to listen to her advice and have it done.
Have a question you’re dying to ask a bridal consultant? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experienced consultants will be more than happy to help. Your question might even make it on the blog!
In just a few weeks, Sealed With A Kiss will be hosting a trunk show and designer day with the one and only Antonio Gual. We can’t wait!
During the trunk show we will have a variety of designs from Antonio’s Tulle New York collection for brides to see, feel and try on. You can check out the collection here:
Designer Antonio Gual himself will also be in store to meet with brides, tell them about his work, and to offer design and styling input. Not many brides have the chance to meet the designer of their gown, so this is truly an amazing opportunity!
Appointments will be limited, so be sure to call today to schedule yours!
Here’s a quick peek at some of the gowns you’ll see during the trunk show weekend!
See more of his designs at: http://www.tullenewyork.com/collection/.
We hope to see you at the trunk show!
- This two-piece gown has a bodice that features a gorgeous lace illusion back. The ruffle skirt is also one of our favorites!
- We love how low the scalloped v-back on this gown goes! It is such an elegant look.
3. The back of this gown features lace appliques and a cut out design- perfect for the bride looking for a boho chic look.
4. This gown may look simple, but it is all about the details! Brides feel luxurious in the Dupioni silk fabric, and the bow closures on the back add a touch of fun to this a-line silhouette.
5. For brides looking for classic elegance, this gown is sure to fit the bill! This gown features a lacy illusion front and back design with a scalloped-edged look.
6. For brides who prefer a little sparkle in their look, this Grecian inspired a-line gown is bound to be perfect. It features an illusion neckline and back with gorgeous hand beading.
7. This gown exudes elegant simplicity. This v-neck gown features a sequined illusion top, giving off the perfect touch of sparkle
8. For brides looking for a truly show-stopping look, this fitted gown is sure to be perfect! The button up illusion back creates a stunning circular lace pattern, and the monarch length train perfectly complements the regal style of this gown.