Our bride Lorena and her new husband Matt were married on December 10, 2016 at Old Metropolitan Hall.
The dress Lorena chose for her big day was a design by Casablanca Bridal. When the dress first arrived to our store she happened to see a picture we posted of it on our Facebook page, and she thought it could be the “one.” She contacted us and set up an appointment to try it on, and not long after that she said yes to the dress.
Lorena was a blast to work with, and we’re so glad that her big day was as wonderful as she’d hoped. Congrats again Lorena and Matt!
Photos Courtesy of Jen Fariello Photography
In just a few weeks, Sealed With A Kiss will be hosting a trunk show and designer day with the one and only Antonio Gual. We can’t wait!
During the trunk show we will have a variety of designs from Antonio’s Tulle New York collection for brides to see, feel and try on. You can check out the collection here:
Designer Antonio Gual himself will also be in store to meet with brides, tell them about his work, and to offer design and styling input. Not many brides have the chance to meet the designer of their gown, so this is truly an amazing opportunity!
Appointments will be limited, so be sure to call today to schedule yours!
Here’s a quick peek at some of the gowns you’ll see during the trunk show weekend!
See more of his designs at: http://www.tullenewyork.com/collection/.
We hope to see you at the trunk show!
- This two-piece gown has a bodice that features a gorgeous lace illusion back. The ruffle skirt is also one of our favorites!
- We love how low the scalloped v-back on this gown goes! It is such an elegant look.
3. The back of this gown features lace appliques and a cut out design- perfect for the bride looking for a boho chic look.
4. This gown may look simple, but it is all about the details! Brides feel luxurious in the Dupioni silk fabric, and the bow closures on the back add a touch of fun to this a-line silhouette.
5. For brides looking for classic elegance, this gown is sure to fit the bill! This gown features a lacy illusion front and back design with a scalloped-edged look.
6. For brides who prefer a little sparkle in their look, this Grecian inspired a-line gown is bound to be perfect. It features an illusion neckline and back with gorgeous hand beading.
7. This gown exudes elegant simplicity. This v-neck gown features a sequined illusion top, giving off the perfect touch of sparkle
8. For brides looking for a truly show-stopping look, this fitted gown is sure to be perfect! The button up illusion back creates a stunning circular lace pattern, and the monarch length train perfectly complements the regal style of this gown.
Jessica and Patrick were married on December 18th, 2016. They had a gorgeous ceremony and reception at the Mill on Fine Creek.
Jess came to us back in March to help her find the perfect dress. She had done a little shopping before coming in for her appointment with us, but had yet to find a dress she loved. The third dress she tried on with us turned out to be the “one.”
Congratulations Jess and Patrick!
Dress: Justin Alexander Bridal
Photographer: Mike Topham Photography
Venue: The Mill at Fine Creek
Here at Sealed With A Kiss we specialize in customizing a bride’s wedding day look to suit her individual style. Sometimes that means working closely with our designers to combine or create pattern changes on a design, but most of the time our owner-designer Susan and our expert tailoring team do the customizations right here in our store. Here’s a closer look at some of the easy ways you can use alterations to customize your wedding gown.
Our bride Rachel found a beautiful lace style she loved, but after she bought the dress she thought the illusion neckline was a bit too much–so we redesigned it! Rachel was much happier with the regular sweetheart neckline and beaded straps.
Our bride Sarah loved an all over silk gown from Justin Alexander, but said she would love it more if it had a lace top–so we made her dreams come true! Our owner Susan worked with Sarah to design an off the shoulder lace jacket that she can take on and off on her wedding day as she pleases. The jacket gives the gown a totally different look, and it was exactly what Sarah was looking for.
Bride Judy fell in love with the fitted gown on the left, but had originally wanted a shorter dress so that it would be easy to dance all night at her reception–so we converted the skirt into a high-low design!
Bride Kelli absolutely adored this gown from Justin Alexander, but didn’t want a gown with a high neckline–so our tailoring team created this gorgeous v-neckline for her! Kelli loved how her gown turned out.
Alterations open up an array of possibilities for customizing your gown, so feel free to ask your stylist or seamstress about altering areas you want changed. We guarantee you’ll be ecstatic with the end result!
Strapless and illusion necklines are often the most asked for wedding gown styles, but it’s about time that v-necks get some attention! If you’re the type of bride who wants the security of having straps but doesn’t want the modest look of a boat neck, the v-neck style is for you. Scroll through for some of our favorite v-neck designs from designers we carry!
- We just love scalloped lace, and the scallops along the neckline of this gown make for a very romantic style ! The low back adds another beautiful element to this fitted gown.
2. The v-neck design adds a touch of classic elegance to this tea-length gown. Perfect for the bride who wants a formal look but doesn’t like the heaviness of a full length gown.
3. This French lace gown has a sheer v-neckline featuring hand-cut lace applique. The back features buttons that start at the end of the v-back and trail down to the end of the train.
4. This stunning charmeuse gown channels old Hollywood glam. Look out for the unique back!
5. This sultry yet elegant looks has an absolutely stunning beaded sequin chiffon top. The sheath skirt is light and flowy, and features a side split.
6. This flowy a-line gown has a v-neck top accented with scalloped lace, which you’ll also find adorning the hem of the skirt. Look out for the pretty gold beaded belt accenting the waist!
7. This French chantilly lace gown features a scalloped lace v-neckline and backline. Brides also love the daring split on the front of the skirt and the delicate cap sleeves.
8. This regal gown has a plunging v-neckline decorated with beaded appliques over metallic lace. The silk dupioni skirt features not only buttons running through the end of the train, but also pockets!
9. This v-neck gown is a classic! It’s made from a soft and flowy milky challis fabric, and features a softly ruched bodice. The back has an ultra low u-shaped back.
When we first ask a bride about what wedding gown styles she’s interested in, often the answer is “I want something with a beautiful back design!”. Since we love pretty details on the back too, we’ve put together this list of gowns by designers we carry that are all about that back. Whether you prefer lacy illusion or a beaded back, you’re sure to find a gown you love on this list!
- This 1920’s inspired design has a stunning deep illusion back covered with a gorgeous beaded lace. Brides love how glamorous they look when they try this style on!
2. This modern take on a classic fit and flare shape has one of the most stunning backs we’ve ever seen! The way the lace frames the deep illusion back makes for a different but flattering shape, and the buttons are the perfect finishing touch.
3. This design features a daringly low illusion back with lace applique details–it’s sure to wow your guests as you stand at the alter!
4. This mermaid gown features all-over pearls, crystals and sequins in a floral inspired design. The beaded back design makes this gown a stunner!
5. Brides are sure to fall in love with the open illusion back on this gown! The embroidered design is sure to turn heads, and the jewel neckline adds a touch of elegance to the look.
6. This elegant fitted design features an ultra-low open back! We love the beaded detail on the v-neck front as well.
7. Many strapless wedding gowns have gorgeous back design details as well, like this fit and flare design! It features a low scoop illusion with lace appliques.
8. This fitted gown has a back with sheer French tulle and intricate lace detail! We also love that this couture gown has all over French alencon lace.