More and more designers are adding a little something extra to their designs–namely, pockets! Goodness knows on the wedding day there will be several small items such as bobby pins, tissues and lipstick that you’ll want to keep handy, and these dresses give you a convenient place to store them. Take a look through some of our favorite designs with pockets!
1. This first pick has pockets built right into the silk Dupioni skirt. The bodice is fully beaded, and there are silk and rhinestone buttons to the end of the train.
2. We love this Thai silk ball gown! It has a v-neck bodice accented with scalloped lace, and a lace illusion back with buttons.
3. This two-piece wedding gown is absolutely fabulous! The bodice features a drop waist, sweetheart neckline and beautiful lace appliques, while the mikado skirt is complemented with buttons and a cathedral lace train.
4. Brides adore the lacy off the shoulder neckline on this gown! The gathered waistband accentuates the waist, which flows into a very full gathered silk skirt.
5. For the bride interested in a glamorous look, this gown is bound to be perfect! Beaded appliques over metallic lace adorn the bodice of this V-neck ball gown to the basque waistline. This royal look is completed with an illusion V-back, Silk Dupioni skirt, pockets, and a cathedral length train.
A few months ago the wonderful Terri of Terri Isenhour Photo approached us about a shoot she was planning with Logan of Real Southern Accents at Green Springs Plantation. They were looking for a gown with some Southern flair that would complement the acres of greenery and old world charm at the plantation. One gown from Augusta Jones immediately popped into our heads, and turns out it was just perfect for the venue.
Gown: Augusta Jones Bridal from Sealed With A Kiss
Veil: Sorbello Couture for Sealed With A Kiss
Photography: Terri Isenhour Photography
Model: Brittany Sprinkle
Wedding Planning/Design: Real Southern Accents
Linen: Classic Party Rentals
Florals: Whimsical Floral Design
Hair and Make Up: The Spot Beauty Shop
Cake: My Cake by Rachel
Desserts: Paradox Pastry
Jewelry: Andrew Minton
Venue: Green Springs Plantation, Gordonsville
Starting February 1st Sealed With A Kiss Charlottesville and Richmond will be hosting our first trunk show of the year, featuring designs from Anny Lin Bridal.
Brides who purchase an Anny Lin design during the trunk show are eligible for a trunk show discount, so this is not an event you want to miss!
To schedule your appointment online, visit:
For questions, send an email to:
You can find out more about Anny Lin at annylinbridal.com.
Why We Love Anny Lin Bridal
Anny Lin comes from family of wedding gown designers, and she has blended designs and techniques that have inspired her to create truly unique, couture designs for the modern bride.
Every gown in her collection features an array of carefully designed, eye catching details such as beading, feathers, cut outs and draping.
Anny Lin’s designs feature a variety of silhouettes and fabrics. Brides love that she is not afraid to add color to her gowns, so many designs have blush, champagne and ombre options.
We also love Anny Lin for their willingness to allow the individual bride to be a part of the design process–they will customize and combine designs to create a one-of-a-kind style to suit the needs and wants of the bride.
Be sure to schedule your appointment for the Anny Lin Trunk Show soon! You will not want to miss out on a chance to see these gorgeous dresses.
This year has been filled with fun, laughter and excitement thanks to all of the 2016 brides we had the pleasure of working with. We are so lucky to have met such amazing women, and we are so touched that they let us play a small part in making their big day wonderful. Here’s a quick review of some of our most memorable weddings this year!
Jenny and Stephen
Dress: Casablanca Bridal
Venue: Farmington Country Club
Photographer: Bessie Black Photography
Cinematographers: Whiddon Productions
Planner: Event Details by Edelina
Florist: Colonial Florist
Transportation: Camryn Limousine &
Central Virginia Wine Tours and Transportation
Alicia and Greg
Dress: Augusta Jones
Venue: Beech Spring Farm
Photographer: Gary Wilkinson Photography
Jessica and Patrick
Dress: Justin Alexander
Venue: The Mill at Fine Creek
Photographer: Mike Topham Photography
Amanda and Michael
Dress: Customized Justin Alexander
Venue: Grace Estate Winery
Rentals and Decor: MS Events
Cake: Pearl’s Bake Shop
Florist: Colonial Florist
Photographers: George Street Photo and Video
Jessica and Evan
Dress: Casablanca Bridal
Ceremony Venue: St Joseph’s Villa
Reception Venue: The Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing
Photographer: Shannon Moffit Photography
Alinna and Stephen
Dress: Lillian West
Photographer: Sarah Cramer Shields
Amanda and Kyle
Venue: Swannanoa Plantation
Photographer: Lisa Mims Photography
Kerri and Paul
Dress: Justin Alexander Signature
Venue: Tuckahoe Plantation
Photographer: Macon Photography
Lindsay and Brian
Dress: Lillian West
Photographers: Ashley Eiban Photography
Catering: Harvest Moon
Hair and Makeup: Lou Stevens Glam Squad
Cinematography: DeVries Productions
Florists: The Faded Poppy
Heather and Nick
Dress: Casablanca Bridal
Photographer: Amanda C Blake Photography
Venue: Pavilion on Lakeland Farm
Cameron and Will
Dress: Charlie Brear
Venue: Market at Grelen
Photographer: Lindsey Zovko Photography
Coordinator: Margaret Murray of Panorama Farms
Floral Design: Hedge Fine Blooms
If there’s one fabric associated with wedding gowns the most, it’s tulle. It’s versatile and light, so it’s no surprise that it’s a bride favorite! No two tulle gowns are alike however, and almost every bride can find a gown with tulle that she loves. Below check out some of our favorite tulle picks!
This airy and elegant ball gown features layers of French tulle and hand loomed French lace. It’s a romantic look brides love!
This gown takes tulle to a new level of cool. This sweetheart neckline gown features a “cage” silhouette, with tulle draped over lace.
This tulle gown is the definition of understated elegance. The a-line silhouette of this gown is complemented with a boatneck ruched bodice and tulle sleeves.
This gown is all about the details! It features an illusion Sabrina neckline over a deep v cut, and the bodice is adorned with lace and beading. The full tulle skirt provides lots of movement, and will flow beautifully as you walk down the aisle.
Brides love how the corset style bodice of this fitted gown contrasts with the soft, flowy tulle of the skirt. It also features delicate French lace, and brides love how beautiful they feel when they slip into this gown.
The tiered tulle skirt of this effortless look is so dreamy! We also love the lace accents along the sweetheart bodice and along the hem of each tier.
This a-line gown features a lace bodice with off the shoulder sleeves. It’s sure to make you feel like a princess!
This fitted silhouette is perfect for the bride who wants to sparkle on her big day! The crystals on the bodice are beaded in a beautiful geometric pattern that pairs nicely with the tulle mermaid skirt.
Here at Sealed With A Kiss we specialize in customizing a bride’s wedding day look to suit her individual style. Sometimes that means working closely with our designers to combine or create pattern changes on a design, but most of the time our owner-designer Susan and our expert tailoring team do the customizations right here in our store. Here’s a closer look at some of the easy ways you can use alterations to customize your wedding gown.
Our bride Rachel found a beautiful lace style she loved, but after she bought the dress she thought the illusion neckline was a bit too much–so we redesigned it! Rachel was much happier with the regular sweetheart neckline and beaded straps.
Our bride Sarah loved an all over silk gown from Justin Alexander, but said she would love it more if it had a lace top–so we made her dreams come true! Our owner Susan worked with Sarah to design an off the shoulder lace jacket that she can take on and off on her wedding day as she pleases. The jacket gives the gown a totally different look, and it was exactly what Sarah was looking for.
Bride Judy fell in love with the fitted gown on the left, but had originally wanted a shorter dress so that it would be easy to dance all night at her reception–so we converted the skirt into a high-low design!
Bride Kelli absolutely adored this gown from Justin Alexander, but didn’t want a gown with a high neckline–so our tailoring team created this gorgeous v-neckline for her! Kelli loved how her gown turned out.
Alterations open up an array of possibilities for customizing your gown, so feel free to ask your stylist or seamstress about altering areas you want changed. We guarantee you’ll be ecstatic with the end result!
Strapless and illusion necklines are often the most asked for wedding gown styles, but it’s about time that v-necks get some attention! If you’re the type of bride who wants the security of having straps but doesn’t want the modest look of a boat neck, the v-neck style is for you. Scroll through for some of our favorite v-neck designs from designers we carry!
- We just love scalloped lace, and the scallops along the neckline of this gown make for a very romantic style ! The low back adds another beautiful element to this fitted gown.
2. The v-neck design adds a touch of classic elegance to this tea-length gown. Perfect for the bride who wants a formal look but doesn’t like the heaviness of a full length gown.
3. This French lace gown has a sheer v-neckline featuring hand-cut lace applique. The back features buttons that start at the end of the v-back and trail down to the end of the train.
4. This stunning charmeuse gown channels old Hollywood glam. Look out for the unique back!
5. This sultry yet elegant looks has an absolutely stunning beaded sequin chiffon top. The sheath skirt is light and flowy, and features a side split.
6. This flowy a-line gown has a v-neck top accented with scalloped lace, which you’ll also find adorning the hem of the skirt. Look out for the pretty gold beaded belt accenting the waist!
7. This French chantilly lace gown features a scalloped lace v-neckline and backline. Brides also love the daring split on the front of the skirt and the delicate cap sleeves.
8. This regal gown has a plunging v-neckline decorated with beaded appliques over metallic lace. The silk dupioni skirt features not only buttons running through the end of the train, but also pockets!
9. This v-neck gown is a classic! It’s made from a soft and flowy milky challis fabric, and features a softly ruched bodice. The back has an ultra low u-shaped back.